My Daughter

My Daughter

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Healthy eyesight


It is very important to have good eyesight. Well, I’m planning to have a pair of eyeglasses to protect me from daily used of computer and I often noticed that my eyes really in troubled in reading words and even numbers. In most cases, when a person gets older, like the rest of the body, eyes get worse also.

Good eyesight plays an important role in our day to day routine. Since our eyes is the number one asset to see things right and serves as the mobility in our life. Having good eyesight greatly improves one’s quality of life and be able to grasp things easily with the use of clear eyesight. We are very particular about the do’s and don’ts just to maintain our good vision and by means of practicing of using protection from our eyes like wearing sunglasses, contact lenses to the eye and putting anything like cucumber just to have an eye relaxation for awhile.

Wearing sunglasses protects our eyes by preventing harmful ultraviolet light from the sun. For older person we all noticed some cataracts from their eyes that lead them to unclear vision. As what I’ve known, it can also cause abnormal thickening or growths to form on the white part of the eye. Especially at risk are people who spend long hours in the sun, who have had cataract surgery or who are taking certain medications such as tranquilizers, tetracycline and diuretics.-these drugs can cause sensitivity to sunlight. Furthermore, sunglasses reduce glare and bright light that may hinder your vision and cause accidents.

Having a regular eye examination to the doctor promotes eye health. Only the eye doctor knows the prescription and some doctors also recommends wearing eye glasses. Wearing eye glasses is a helpful device for our eyes.
Protect your eyes now as early as today.

2 comments:

Frank Clarivu said...

I never worried about my eyesight as it was near perfect for most of my life. It was only in my 20s that I started to notice that I had to squint to see something in the distance.
Now my eyes are pretty bad and I am wondering if this is because I ignored my deteriorating eyes...

Frank

Janette said...

thank you frank of your comment. You thank God that He gave you a good eyes. Thank you for following my blog. God bless you. I hope we can exchange comments.