My Daughter

My Daughter

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Saying Thank You

I just won't stop saying "Thank You" Lord for all that you are and for making me a creature of your own choosing. It is because of your grace that I was not made some lifeless or an inanimate object such as a stone, a stick, or even a wild beast of the fields. Out of grace and pure love, You created me in Your own image and breathed air into my nostrils so that I may have and enjoy the fullness of life. For this I'll forever say thank you, my Lord.

Because I now have life, you again graciously granted my undeserving body two eyes to see so that I may enjoy viewing the wonders of Your mighty creation: The beautiful scenery of the ever-green forest, the nightly twinkling stars of the great universe, the perfect terrain of the Sahara Desert, the mysterious ripples of the world's great oceans and seas, the marvelous handiwork of your most precious creation, man: - the crafty sky scrapers, hanging bridges, and national parks. For these and even the mere sight of men, women, and children, I just won't stop saying Thank You, Lord.

But for your grace, these would never be. You've made all these possible simply because you want me enjoy the fullness of life. And because You endowed me with all the senses, I now have the innermost pleasure of feeling the warmth of the illuminating sun, hearing the shrill voices of pepper birds at dawn and marveling at the wonders of the flying fowls of the air. But who else is empowered to let all this be? The Holy Spirit tells me it's only You, the Almighty. So my soul says "Thanks a billion!"

My Lord and my God, added to these niceties of life, You bestow unto me the abstract ability of thinking and reasoning by discerning good from evil, kinds things from unkind events, and the devil's desires from spiritual occurrences ordained only by You, the Creator. As a mark of true love, You also decided to add to my pleasure of being alive by equipping me with the additional sense of taste and a sense of feeling. Because of these, my mortal body can now distinguish between what is sweet and what is not, what is peaceful and what is painful and imposes a limit on the physical use of my body. For this and all, I just won't stop saying "Thank You Almighty"

No comments: